Sunday, July 28, 2013

Welcome!

Hi! Thanks for stopping by!

I am a 20-something with a passion for life's simple moments and the thrill of a great run! Running has brought a whole new outlook to my life. I feel strong, I feel accomplished and I feel that I can conquer the world. Beginning my day with a beautiful, early morning run is like nothing in this world. The fresh air and sunrise brings me clarity when my world is spinning. Last year I completed my first half marathon and I was hooked! Since then, I have completed two 15k races and another half marathon with one more before the end of the summer. I am no professional runner but am driven to be a great one. This sport is now a huge part of my life. It has made me a better version of myself and I hope to continue to setting goals that allow me to constantly challenge my abilities. 

I have toyed with the idea of creating a blog for a while. A week or so ago, I was skimming through an article on a running blog. The article was about different ways to hold yourself accountable. As I scrolled through the list, I saw "create a blog". It occurred to me that, "Maybe I should, i'm going to do it!" Some of the best tips and advice I have been given were through blogs about real people. I am passionate about running and living a healthy lifestyle. I want this blog to document my triumphs and struggles. I don't wake up motivated every day, but that's real life. I figured that not only would this be a great way to share my experiences but to hopefully inspire and possibly motivate others. 

This is my first shot at "blogging" so bear with me. It may be a little rough at first...

My wonderful husband and our little fur child (dog) Cooper supporting me during my first half marathon!

My amazing father who has always inspired me to be a great runner. During my first half marathon, he ran around the course to check in with me every two miles to encourage and make sure that I was hydrated.


My #1 supporter! I am so thankful that he supports me. Running can be an expensive and time-consuming sport. Luckily, I married someone who understands how important it is to me (and doesn't get upset when he has to roll out of bed at 6am on a Saturday morning to cheer me on)! 

Enjoy the rest of your weekend, there's another great week ahead of us!



No comments:

Post a Comment