Sunday, October 13, 2013

Falling In Love With Fall

There are so many reasons to love fall. This weekend I reminded me of why I fall in love all over again. The trees were bursting with color, leaves floating to the ground and the air was cool and crisp. Fall is my favorite season. On the 1st day of September, I am scouring the grocery store for canned pumpkin so that I can make a MILLION recipes that include pumpkin as an ingredient--I am literally OBSESSED. I really felt like this weekend we were able to fully embraced the fall season.

On Saturday and Sunday we housesat for my mother-in-law in SE Portland. We enjoyed eating comfort food, baking pumpkin bread and drinking wine in front of the fire. We basically hibernated all weekend and didn't even mind it. It was actually wonderful. I loved how the smell of cinnamon and nutmeg filled the entire house and lingered all night after baking. It just felt comforting. I got some great morning runs in around Reed College Campus and found some of the most beautiful trees and brick buildings. On Saturday, I got my hair did and went with a new warmer tone--a little ombre if you will... I loved trying something new. (If you follow me on instagram, you have probably seen some of the following photos already). 
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip bread...in a brownie pan :) 

Feelin' fab! My hairdresser curled my hair with a straighter, I've never done that before---I loved how well the curls held! I plan to attempt this at home and just hope I don't scald my hair off in the process--it looked a little tricky...

(Don't mind my finger in the corner...oops--runner trying to take a photo mid run!)

Campus was so vibrant
We lucked out this weekend with sunshine (very little rain, which was originally predicted) and some amazing photo opportunities! It's because of this beauty that I absolutely love running during the fall. The weather is PERFECT and the colors are outstanding. There's nothing better than a beautiful morning run with leaves falling all around you, the sun shining and the temperature no higher than 60 degrees. Not to mention, if you work hard enough, you don't even feel guilty eating some of those delicious pumpkin treats with a warm cup of coffee...ahh....HEAVEN! PLUS, it felt SO good to get back to running. I am still not 100% but I am thankful that I can at least get outside and move somewhat  efficiently. My milage was low and I took it very easy--but I was okay with that considering how terrible I have been feeling.







What do you love about fall? How was your weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment