Thursday, January 2, 2014

How We Spent Our Holiday

Monday: 5.5 Mile Run (Easy--untimed)
Tuesday: Barre workout (40 minutes)
Wednesday: Upper Body weights & *NTC Cardio Killer (60 minutes)
*Nike Training Club phone app

I hope you had a stress-free and relaxing holiday! The holidays treated my husband and myself very well this year. We thoroughly enjoyed time with our friends and family over the break. We stayed with my parents for a week in Southern Oregon. I love being home. There's just something that is so calming about being in my parents' home. I spent mornings with my dad, running longer, hilly trail runs and then we went for round two in the afternoon for a family gym workout session. I enjoyed having the time to just exercise and SLEEP. Not to mention the fact that I could actually take a nap every day! Oh how I love my mid-day naps! It was absolutely heavenly. I didn't realize how much sleep I was actually missing until I gave myself this down time. Do you ever feel that way?

Here are a few photos from our trip...

Road trip down to Southern Oregon. Check out this beautiful sunset!


If you follow me on Instagram, you may have already seen this photo. On Christmas Eve in Christmas PJs on our way to look at the neighborhood Christmas Lights!!
(My husband and I look super excited to be in our matching family pajamas, don't we?)

Had to check out the new coffee shop in town that serves STUMPTOWN COFFEE! I'm a coffee fanatic and I also love Stumptown coffee so this was a win, win for me. Cooper is also a little coffee lover, as you can tell. He just couldn't wait for that latte!  :) 

Trail running is my absolute favorite. My dad took me on some of his favorite routes every morning. A lot of the trails were still covered in ice. Yes, I almost fell on my face a few times. 
The trail had some really slick spots. (I got these sweet compression socks from my husband for Christmas--they rock--kept my legs feeling fresh the whole run!) 
I wish that I had captured more photos during the holiday. There were so many beautiful spots on the trails that I wish I could have shared with you. However, I was a little more concerned about my foot placement than my photography at the time. At least you got a little taste of it!

I hope you had a wonderful holiday. Wishing you and your loved ones a happy and healthy 2014!


How was your holiday?
Did you make time to relax?

2 comments:

  1. I definitely have days that I start to feel like I REALLY need to just lay down and rest. That's when it is the most important time to listen to our bodies :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true! Thanks for the comment! :)

    ReplyDelete