Sunday, February 9, 2014

Cabin Fever!

Wow! 
So...we have been snowed in all weekend!
To say I have cabin fever is an understatement. (I keep sending my husband out for more wine) 
That and movie rentals are the only thing keeping me sane at this point.

Thursday the snow began fall in the Portland metro-area and then an hour later, it snowed harder and a few hours later, it began to absolutely DUMP! This is so not typical Pacific NorthWest weather. We were given twenty minutes at work to load up the kids and call all parents to pick them up immediately. My 10 minute commute to/from work turned into an almost 40 minute drive home (which was not even close to the amount of time some of my co-workers spent commuting home).

So as most businesses in the area have been closed since Friday (including my job), my husband and I have been enjoying our snow days at home. We took a long walk around the neighborhood on Friday and were the only people on the road! It was actually a bit eerie--no cars or people out and about. But also incredibly beautiful and tranquil at the same time. Cooper loved the snow. He ran through the snow, plowing his nose into it and shaking his head quickly. It was pretty hilarious.





There's just something so unbelievably magical about snow... 


I have been subjected to indoor workouts only, as my attempt to an outdoor run was an utter failure. As the snow continued to fall, the wind started to whip and the snowflakes just nailed me in the eyes. I literally could not see one thing in front of me. No matter what direction I ran in, I couldn't see a darn thing! 
Major bummer.




I have been very thankful for my Barre3 online workouts. 
At least I had pretty snow to look at! 
Oh and did I mention that I have been spending my days either baking or cooking?
  If I don't stay busy, I will go mad. 
Peanut Butter/Chocolate Chip Muffins, get the recipe here
Don't get me wrong, I loved the snow but am also very happy that it is finally melting now. I'm ready to return to civilization and a good run! At least I was finally able to catch up on laundry, deep cleaning and some of my favorite TV shows. I do feel that I have accomplished at least that much over the weekend. :)

How was your weekend? 
Is it snowing where you are?


1 comment:

  1. I somehow have been able to get in two good runs on the treadmill and did 3.5 outside. It feels good to get moving after coming back from being sick. Maybe by Tuesday we can be back to normal! My car has been at work since Thursday!

    ReplyDelete