Friday, February 7, 2014

Mighty Picks

Happy Friday! I have mentioned that we have had some CRAH-AAAZEE weather this week and for the first time in a LOOOONG time, Portland is snowed in! My work is closed, I've got a coffee in hand and the news is telling everyone to stay indoors due to the dangerous driving conditions. So what do I have in store for my day? TO CLEAN! I know, my life is super exciting! Thank goodness I have my Barre3 online workouts to turn to--however--I am slightly interested to go running in this snow (I just worry about the slicker roads). Well, anyway...on to MIGHTY PICKS! 



Food:
I found some amazing recipes this week!

I am having a hard time just choosing one so here are a few of the dinners I made this week!
Barre3: Hazelnut Crusted Chicken
Black Bean & Portobello Mushroom Quesadilla
Pistachio-Crusted Tilapia with Dijon Glaze

Drink:
Almond Milk Latte--my new favorite! You would think that it would taste drastically different from my usual skinny latte, but it doesn't! It really just adds a little nutty flavor. Plus, I don't feel overly bloated as I sometimes do with regular milk.

Product:
Barre3 Online Workouts--I love that you can do it from the comfort of your own home and it's only $15 a month! Super deal!

Workout:
I am surprisingly really diggin' treadmill workouts! It has been really difficult to get outside in this cold spell we are having so the treadmill has been the workout for me this week, for sure! Plus, it's fun to mix up hills, speed work, and intervals each day!

Exercise: 
Pulse lunges. These things hurt like a MOTHER. I haven't been able to walk properly since Monday. I did these on Tuesday and even with foam rolling, yoga and a lot of pain meds...I'm still hurtin'! They obviously work & I obviously need the strengthening in my quads.

Power Song: 
Ever hear a song pop up that you haven't heard in awhile? That's what happened to me this week. Right in the middle of speed work, The Red by Chevelle came onto my Pandora Station. It just gave me that powerful boost that I needed to finish the workout.

How was your week?
What were your weekly picks?

2 comments:

  1. my sister lives incorvallis and she said they got a foot of snow. thats unheard of over there! running in fresh snow is so fun, you should do it. and i wish i was braver at cooking because those recipes should delish, but im no cook. they most likely wont turn out, so why try right :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chong! Yes, Corvallis was hit hard--in fact, I think they still are.

      I think you should give these recipes a try! They're super easy to make and require very little ingredients--I think that's why I like them so much. I bet you could make them! Give it a shot :)

      Delete