Tuesday, February 25, 2014

How To: Create A Home Gym

Good morning friends!
How was your Monday?

 I had a great morning burn with my Barre3 workout. Sometimes I just love an indoor workout (especially when I'm struggling to get out the door). Lately, however, I've been feeling a bit frustrated with the lack of space in our living room during my indoor workouts (I'm really sick of kicking or bumping into a piece of furniture and having quick outbursts of curse words) so then it got me thinking... 
Okay, so I've mentioned that we are going through the process of buying a home right now, right? Well, my mind has been absolutely consumed by what we can do with all this new space we will be moving into. We know for sure that since we do not have children at the moment, we want to turn at least one of the bedrooms into a fitness room. Fitness is a huge part of our lives and we want to incorporate this important aspect into our home.

I love the idea of rolling out of bed, throwing my hair in a pony tail and walking into the next room to get a good sweat on. I have started a Fitness Room board on my Pinterest account to get some ideas for the room layout. I'm really excited about the possibilities here. So in order to make this lil' beauty happen, I have been making a checklist of items I would like to have in my fitness room to start collecting NOW. 
Here is what I have come up with...










*Image from google images: Popsugar Fitness

*Image from FitSugar.com
I found most of these pieces of equipment for extremely reasonable prices! My favorite sites to buy from (for workout equipment) are Walmart and Amazon. I can always find great deals without breaking the bank. Eventually I would like to add a treadmill but for right now, I think these small pieces of equipment will suffice. :) 

What about you? 
Do you have workout equipment at home? 
Do you have a home gym? Have you ever thought about creating one?

2 comments:

  1. I have a small space in my basement that I am trying to convert into a workout space. I so far have a weight bench, 10, 15 & 25 weight plates, 5, 10 and 15# dumbbells, a resistance band and a yoga mat. What I would love to add is more weights, a medicine ball , trx straps and maybe a pull up bar - oh and more space to move around! I would love a treadmill but right now, I do not have a place to put one.
    I really hope you get everything on your wish list! Good luck with home buying :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a space I am working on. Don't forget a fan!! I'm so glad I bought one last summer.

    ReplyDelete