Wednesday, November 27, 2013

A Grateful Thanksgiving.

I always enjoy this time of year for many reasons. For me, my days often pass quickly and I find myself  forgetting to enjoy the little moments. I forget to take the time to be grateful. I forget to spend the time appreciating my friends and family the way that I probably should. 

This year, I am thankful for so much. It has been such a trying year for me. I feel like I have been through hell and have come back to life in a big way. I am thankful for every trial I have been put through because it has only made me stronger and braver. I thank my family who is always there through thick and thin. After getting married last year, it seems like each year my family blends a little bit more. I am also extremely thankful for my friends. This year, I have discovered how much my friends have become my family. I have also realized how extremely lucky Danny and I are to have friends who are so incredibly thoughtful. I'm convinced that have the most wonderful of the bunch! I am extremely grateful for shelter, my health, and my job. All of these things are not something that many people possess right now. Although there are many things that I may like to change, I know that I am extremely blessed for the things that I do have. I am also incredibly thankful for my partner in crime, my best friend and my biggest supporter--my husband. Without him, I don't know how I would get through some of my darkest days. He encourages me to the best version of myself, which is what a real partner should be. 

So as family begins to trickle into town today, I allow myself to turn the social media off, decompress from work life and allow myself to indulge in the little moments spent with the people I love most. I'm looking forward to a morning spent running some hard miles with my dad and husband at our local Turkey Trot Race, followed by a feast fit for kings at my mother-in-law's home. Aaaand, I foresee a giant nap somewhere between the two...or maybe after both. :) 

Seriously.

What are your holiday plans? 
What are you thankful for?
How do you remind yourself to be grateful each day?


No comments:

Post a Comment