Monday, February 3, 2014

Vitamin D, Football & Fab February Plans!

Saturday: 1 Hour of Barre3 & 2 mile walk with the dog
Saturday: 5.5 mile run (very easy pace)


Well first off, I'm just going to start by saying, what a BLOW OUT game yesterday. Right?!
 I didn't really have any emotional investment in either team so I wasn't too excited about it in the first place. Honestly, I was just looking forward to the spread of football food and the Red Hot Chili Peppers being in the half time show (they're one of my favorite bands & are awesome in concert!)
How did you feel about the game?

Well now that we've covered that, let's move on to more fitness related business... :)
How was your weekend?


I finally started feeling better on Saturday morning, which was perfect timing since I was signed up for a studio class of Barre3. 

Barre 3 is AWESOME. If you haven't heard of it, check it out. Barre is based on Ballet principles with Yoga and Pilates infusion. It's pretty much amazing and will leave you feeling the BURN when you're done. This particular Barre is Barre3 (there are a variety of franchises/names out there) but I love what Barre3 is what it stands for. There is a strong focus on a triad of principles: fitness (Barre), nourishment and connection (instructor & clients). A focus on health, fitness and encouragement?--Count me in, right up my alley! I was extremely excited to check out their Pearl District location this weekend and *praise the lord* I was finally feeling up for exercise on Saturday morning to enjoy it! Well, I could go on with how much I love Barre3 for days (and perhaps I'll revisit it for another post) but if you don't know much about it, you can check them out HERE
Through their website you can:
--Sign up for studio classes
--Get online classes
--Find healthy recipes
and so much more!

So, I really don't want to jinx it, but I must say, we have had some pretty amazing weather this week in the Portland area. With the sun peaking through our windows, I couldn't bear spending one more second inside the four walls of our home. I made sure to get my fair share of Vitamin D (and then some) as often as I could this weekend. I was pumped to get out and go for a run too! Oh my gosh, it was absolutely invigorating. I felt like I had come to life. Running is so cathartic for me, when I can't do it, I feel pent up. I absolutely loved the fresh air and sunshine. We don't get this often in Portland around this time of year, so I'm enjoying every second of it!

Well, we are finally in February. I thought January would never end. January was a very difficult month for me (for many reasons) but mainly because I was so sick. It really threw off my training plans and running abilities--I'm embarrassed to even share my actual January running milage . However, now that February his here, I'm moving on and I am determined to make it the month of FAB!

I like to give myself goals or values to work toward. At the beginning of each month, I create a short list of where I want to focus most, this way, I am aware of my goals and am really making them a priority. So, with that being said, here are some of my goals for the Fab month of February:

--ELIMINATE SUGAR--
 Let's be real here--> there is no health benefit to sugar, it makes me feel like garbage and I truly don't need it. Oh yeah, and it is so gosh darn ADDICTING! Now this doesn't mean that it's gone forever, but I want to know that I am not DYING to have it (honestly, I get pregnancy-level, "Gotta have it!", "I'll hurt ya if I don't get it!!" type of feelings when I'm craving sugar). I just want it out of my diet so that I can enjoy a bite here and there but not that I feel the need to have it every night after dinner (which I basically do now). That stuff is the devil, I tell ya. There are also some great alternatives to sugar that really aren't that noticeable. I found some awesome recipes that I cannot wait to share with you!
(More to come in another post about that)
--CROSS TRAINING: BARRE3--
With the killer workout this provides, I plan to incorporate this workout into my cross training days more often. I know that it will improve my muscle strength and make me a better runner because of it. 
--BE CREATIVE--
This is something that I haven't let myself do in a while and I love it. As corny as it may sound (and I don't really care), I really want to make inspiration boards for my running goals or take time to create thoughtful gifts for the people I care about most in my life. I want to take time focusing on things that I love to do for pleasure not because I have to. 

How about you?
Do you have any goals for the month of February?
How did you feel about the Super Bowl?

Oh and let's not forget!!!

THE WINNER OF MY BEARDED BROTHERS ENERGY BAR GIVEAWAY IS:
Jillian Tengood Hillman

Congrats girl! 
Please look for an email from me shortly!



**Disclosure: I am no dietitian and am not advising anyone to cut any items out of their diet. This is something that I am exploring for personal well being.**

No comments:

Post a Comment